Here are some easy tips to help you get smudge-free, long-lasting results with daniPro nail polish. You’ll be keeping you nails healthy and beautiful in no time! You can also download a PDF of these steps here: How to apply daniPro.
Preparing Your Nails
1. Exfoliate. Smoother nails mean a better daniPro finish. Apply a few drops of cuticle oil to your nails and then buff using very light pressure. The oil helps lubricate and keeps you from removing too much nail. Only spend a few seconds on each nail so you don’t overdo it.
2. Cuticle Remover. Rub cuticle remover around your nails and allow it to permeate for a few seconds. Work you way slowly around each nail bed using a wooden stick, gently pushing back the cuticle little by little.
3. Apply polish remover to your nails. This removes any residual grease from the nail surface allowing your daniPro nail polish to properly adhere. Stick with a nonacetone formula (or rubbing alcohol) that doesn’t contain vitamin E or aloe, both of which will deposit oil. Use paper towel as opposed to cotton, which can leave fuzz behind on the surface.
4. File. Use a very fine metal or glass file (or a superfine emery board) to prevent tearing of the nails. File in one direction to avoid peeling and breakage, and avoid shaping the sides, which may weaken the nail.
5. Mix. Before applying, make sure to mix your daniPro nail polish. With daniPro’s ball bearing, mixing is an cinch. Shake daniPro followed by rolling the bottle a few times between your palms is all it take! Rolling removes air bubbles from the shake.
6. Basecoat. Apply daniPro Clear Basecoat to fill any micro ridges. Even if you don’t think you need it, use the basecoat. It assures a better surface for the polish to adhere to and will improve the final result.
7. Apply. To produce an even finish, use 2 thin coats of daniPro nail polish. Allow 2 minutes between coats for drying, which also allows for the polish’s solvents to evaporate. Start with the middle of the nail and then apply to the sides and edges of the nail.
Preserving the Beauty
8. Air Dry. To prevent smudging, allow your nails to air-dry for at least 2 minutes and then plunge them into a bowl of ice water for 10 seconds. This helps the daniPro nail polish to properly harden.
9. Apply daniPro Clear Topcoat. An application of daniPro Clear Topcoat every other day will help keep your nails glossy and free from chipping. Make sure to wash your hands to remove oils prior to reapplying the topcoat.
10. Apply Cuticle Oil Daily. Massage a few drops of cuticle oil into your nails every night before sleeping.
Nail Salon Services
Going to the nail salon? Bring daniPro and follow these expert tips for great results!
1. Don’t trim your nails before going to the salon. Many women tend to overcut their nails. If you’re going to a professional, give them something to work with.
2. Bring your own tools. Dr. Evans always recommends bringing your own equipment, especially nail polish. Using salon instruments can lead to the spread of bacteria and fungus.
3. Ask for a new nail file. Emery boards harbor germs and can’t be cleaned. Also be sure the beautician uses a brand new callus scrubber.
4.Avoid the dryer. It only takes a few minutes to air-dry and nails will dry better if you skip the machine. Even the fans can introduce tiny air bubbles that may not become visible until later on.